Skip Navigation

© 2019 Kenai Peninsula College. All rights reserved.
University of Alaska Anchorage

KPC Driving Policies

Driving a Vehicle for KPC Related Activities

Note: Use of personal vehicles to conduct KPC business is not permitted.

Driving Records

The following documents must be on file and renewed annually in order to drive any KPC owned vehicle, rental car, or personal vehicle when permitted: 

  • Certificate of completion of driver safety training. From MyUA, click Employee Services Dashboard and login with your UAOnline credentials. Select My Community and then Learning Library. Look for Driver Safety: Tier 2 Position Required Training.
  • Official individual driving record from the Alaska Department of Motor Vehicles.
  • Completed UA Driver Authorization Form  signed by you and your supervisor.
  • Copy of your current driver’s license.
  • Read the UA Transportation Safety Guide

 Note: Driving records can be obtained at no cost to KPC. Please contact DeAnne Ruiz, KPC accounts payable/travel technician, or Sue Gordon (KBC) for details. Employees will not be reimbursed for the fees associated with obtaining their driving record.

Citations While Driving Any Vehicle While On KPC Business

Employees are responsible for paying all fines unless the citation is for a vehicle deficiency that was not obvious when the vehicle was checked out.

Accidents While Driving on KPC Business

If involved in an accident while driving a KPC owned, personally owned or rental car, after 911 is called and it is safe, notify your supervisor or DeAnne Ruiz, KPC accounts payable/travel technician. Accident reporting forms will be supplied and must be completed within 24 hours.

Rental Cars

The University of Alaska will cover claims against rental cars only if the rental was approved through Concur and the vehicle is being used during the course and scope of employment. If the employee is on a personal errand or if they violated the law while using a rental car, the University of Alaska reserves the right to deny the claim or may initiate actions against the employee to recover costs.

Auto Insurance

Vehicle owners in Alaska are required by law to carry liability insurance. The University of Alaska will cover liability claims that exceed the employee's personal insurance as long as the accident happened within the course and scope of employment. Physical damage to personal vehicles is not covered by the University of Alaska.

Reserve A Vehicle- KRC (Soldonta)

Approved drivers can use KPC vehicles to conduct KPC business on a first-come, first-serve basis.  

Reserve a vehicle through the KPC Event Management System (EMS). Contact Marci Lea, director’s office administrative assistant for login access to EMS. 

In EMS choose the date, time, and vehicle. Include where you are going should you need to be located.

Keys can be obtained in the KPC accounts payable/travel office. Signature is required at key pickup and return. If returning after business hours make arrangements in advance for key return. Failure to sign the logbook and return keys promptly will result in the loss of driving privileges.

Contact Info

DeAnne Ruiz
DeAnne Ruiz
Accounts Payable & Travel Technician

Enid S. McLane Building (EMB) 169K
Top ^