Host a German CBYX Participant!
Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) for Young Professionals
Each year, KPC seeks to host families who offer to “share their home and help change
the world.” The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) for Young Professionals gives
75 German participants the opportunity to spend one year studying, working, and experiencing
everyday life in communities across the United States. Kenai Peninsula College hosts
1-2 of these college students every year.
After arriving in the United States in August, CBYX participants enroll in career-oriented
classes at a local community college to gain a more comprehensive view of the American
educational system, as well as to further their knowledge of their professional focus
- Gain cultural insights and lasting friendships
- Receive a $225/mo stipend
- Provide a private bedroom and equivalent to two meals per day
- Are 18-24 years old
- Purchase a car for their own transportation while in Alaska
- Pay for their own personal expenses, such as cell phones, car insurance, etc.
- Speak English and have completed a professional apprenticeship in their career field
- Personally selected by a German Member of Parliament from a competitive applicant
pool to take part in this program and serve as a cultural ambassador
- Represent a variety of backgrounds and fields across Germany
- Arrive in August
- Study full-time at KPC for fall semester and then work for six months at a local employer,
- Study part-time at KPC both fall and spring semesters and work part-time both semesters
at a local employer
Completing a host family application will not obligate you, but it does notify us
that an interest has been expressed. Applications are available by contacting Heidi
Graves (907-262-0328) or Mitch Michaud (907-252-5350).